Changing modes when using VAC
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Changing modes when using VAC Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 23, 2013 10:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 27, 2013 7:16 AM
I am an fairly new FLEX-1500 user. I recently installed VAC and have been trying WSPR and JT65-HF. It seems that everything works OK except when I try to change modes or I may lose the VAC audio and/or  headphone output. If I reboot I can usually get a digital mode or CW working again, but not always on one try. I am using an HP Pavilion DV6 quad-core laptop running Windows 7. For comports I use VSP Manager. Do I need to stop VAC and then restart PowerSDR before open the digital mode software program? Is there I fixed sequence to go through when using VAC, like PowerSDR first, turn on digital software, then turn on the FLEX? I don't generally have a problem with comports or CAT control, just audio.

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP

Phil N3ZP

Post #6847
Posted Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:04 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, October 21, 2013 1:45 AM
Hi, I am still trying to get it all working on my side using VAC software, but am unable to. Perhaps your problem might be the fact that you need to disable all the "eco management" settings on the computer, ranging from sleep mode to standby mode. I know these setting play havoc with other digimode equipment also.

John
Post #6851
Posted Friday, September 27, 2013 7:25 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, September 27, 2013 7:16 AM
Since my original post, I have been starting PowerSDR first, before opening any digital mode software or even VSP Manager. I believe that PowerSDR has to be the program that connects with VAC first and then routes the audio to the digital software. I was choosing the digital mode program first, which must have captured VAC and excluded it from PowerSDR. It now seems to be working OK with WSPR and WSJT-X. I am able to switch back to or start from CW with no problem. I guess I solved my own problem.

Phil N3ZP

Phil N3ZP

Post #6852
Posted Sunday, October 6, 2013 1:15 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, October 21, 2013 1:45 AM
Glad you got it working, I have managed to get the VAC software to indicate audio but nothing else.

Post #6877
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:30pm