Heil Proset-6 headset with FLEX-3000
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Heil Proset-6 headset with FLEX-3000 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:56 PM
 I am trying to get my Heil Proset 6 headset to work with my FLEX-3000, on the mic boom it is marked "HC 6", not sure if this is the mic element or not.

It appears the mic can't drive the FLEX-3000, with a dummy load connected and the mic gain all the way up, I get very slight movement on the meter and very little audio on the 'monitor' output when I tap the mic element., and I know max gain is not a good thing with DAC.

When I use this headset with my Kenwood TS-850S, I have to have the 'Processor' enabled and also adjusting the mic gain.

The hand held mic that came with the FLEX works fine, but I am used to a headset for hands free operation.

If I need to change out the mic element, any good choices?

Warren Greenberg AE4WG

Post #6743
Posted Sunday, August 4, 2013 10:11 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:56 PM
 Problem solved.

I had a bad crimp on my male RJ-45 connector, causing an open on one of the mic leads, new CAT-5 cable, and now I have mic signal into the FLEX-3000.

I will now be doing the MIC/Mixer/ALC/.... setup and building the profile for the Heil.

Warren Greenberg AE4WG

Post #6747
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 9:50am