Using an autotuner with PSDR and VSPE - anyone done it?
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Using an autotuner with PSDR and VSPE -... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:07 PM
I posted a response in the Flex-1500 forum in response to another posters question. I said I didn't know if it worked but realize that someone MAY have done it, so here is the question:

Let's say you have a brand specific auto-tuner that reads the CAT setup on your rig and pretunes the antenna so you don't have to transmit. Now here's where I want to know if you've done THIS. Have you used VSPE and set up a 1 to many port where your computer puts out the CAT signal from PSDR to a real Com port and you have taken this com port / CAT signal and fed it to your autotuner and this sets up your tuner without having to transmit?

John
NQ3RP
Post #6639
Posted Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:36 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:07 AM
I think that is not possible, since it is a factory setting and interfacing with a direct computer port may lead to many problems, let alone the solution we are expecting for the problem at hand. I guess some alternate way definitely exists for such a job.

Learning Center are best to study.
Post #6666
Posted Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:20 PM
Forum Newbie

AshleyStrauus (5/29/2013)
I think that is not possible, since it is a factory setting and interfacing with a direct computer port may lead to many problems, let alone the solution we are expecting for the problem at hand. I guess some alternate way definitely exists for such a job.

I don't think you are familiar with VSPE and what it can do. I'm looking for someone who does and has tried this, thanks.

John
NQ3RP
Post #6669
Posted Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:48 PM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, June 4, 2018 12:02 PM
You want to use DDUtil. It is designed to do exactly what you want.
http://k5fr.com/ddutilwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #6670
Posted Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:33 AM
Forum Newbie

OK, thanks, I looked at the utility and what it accomplishes BUT I think VSPE does the same thing, if I read the manual correctly. And I already use VSPE - just not in the 1 to Many mode of Com port transmission. I could add DDUtil but if I can find out that VSPE is capable then why add another utility? Hope someone with an autotuner that is connected to their FT-817 or maybe a T-2000 will try it an tell me before I purchase one.

John
NQ3RP
Post #6671
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:07pm