Flex 5000A discontinued
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 5000A discontinued Expand / Collapse
Author
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:02 PM
I hope it isn't true that Flex is discontinuing the 5000A? Myself and many others have invested a lot of money into updating their 5000A and also fighting the ridiculous VAC requirement to work digital modes. Will Flex Radio return our investments that many have made in the last few years?

We suffer from kleptomania and sometimes have to take something for it.
Post #6606
Posted Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:45 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:38 PM
That is sure not the way to gain customer loyalty. Why would you pull a product before the 6000 series comes out. Just can't wait to see how soon they run out of parts to fix the 5000.
Post #6612
Posted Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:01 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:09 PM
I hope FlexRadio will sell the service manual again! They did some years ago but discontinued it.

For us sendind a rig back to Texas or Europe is very inconvenient, expensive and risky (countless stories from ham operators tell about rigs disappearing on their shipping frome the Caribbean to US or Europe). So a major hardware issue is a big fear here!

Anyway the 5K is a very nice piece of equipment once you get used to it. I would never change and go back to a conventional transceiver.

Regards.

Phil FM5GB
Post #6638
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:14pm