JT65A HF - DIGU vs USB Question
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

JT65A HF - DIGU vs USB Question Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 15, 2013 2:45 PM
Hello All,

I began using JT65A amost a year ago when I purchased my Flex 5000A and have been having a lot of fun chasing DX via this mode.  My setup includes, JT65-HF v1.09, the latest version of VAC, PSDR 2.5.3, JT Alert and JT Macros.  Not knowing otherwise, my Flex has been set to USB mode with a filter width of 2.7 kHz.  I came across a reference to using the DIGU setting for JT65A, but there was no discussion as to why this might be better/worse than USB. 

I tried DIGU briefly on 20M JT65 last night and I saw some signals disappear from the JT65-HF waterfall display during receive that I could see and decode using USB.  Could anyone please enlighten me as to what I may have done incorrectly as well as the benefits of DIGU vs. USB for JT65A use?

Thank you and Best Wishes,

Rick, K6HOM

Post #6501
Posted Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:38 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, November 4, 2013 10:30 PM
Hello Rick,

I use only the DIGU setting with 3k filter for JT65
If signals disappear look at your bandwidth and filter setting.
SR, ANF, TNF must be off.

I find also that RX gain setting of -10 and TX gain setting of -6
combined into a TX profile "JT65" help.

Vy 73,

ALEX DH2ID

providentiae memor!
Post #6502
Posted Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:25 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Rick,

I agree with Alex on the settings, and the difference between USB and DigU is that with DigU or L the TX EQ is turned off, and you have the RX and TX VAC gains right there in front of you and not just in the TX Transmit tab of setup. That is the biggest advantage. You may want to also check the "DigL/U Returns LSB/USB" in the "CAT Control" tab of Setup. Some (maybe most) software recognizes the TS-2000 CAT set which does not understand the DigU mode that the extended PowerSDR CAT set provides.

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #6517
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 5:41am