POPPING, Stuttering and Stalling
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

POPPING, Stuttering and Stalling Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 29, 2014 4:51 PM
Hi Guys ,
Running 2 flex radios here :
---My voodoo rack - SDR 1000 -
and my portable radio ---FLEX- SDR-1500---

I have an audio rack hooked up to my SDR-1000 and this must be the best AUDIO radio for ESSB but I have been recorded a few times and have heard some 'POPPING' every now and again , there have been times when there has been stutering and stalling but those later ones very rare on my PC.
Anyone had similar experiences that would like to share and discuss even cure , I'm sure there are a few of us that have these problems on all the FLEX range including the FLEX -5000

voodoo from Plymouth
Post #6472
Posted Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:33 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Oh well I see there is no knowledgable guys on this forum , what a pity.

voodoo from Plymouth
Post #6484
Posted Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:50 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Login: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:36 PM
I have had some issues with the FLEX 5KA since loading the new PowerSDR 2.5.3 software. When running FLEX, I open up HRD Version 6 with DM780. I have found the FLEX will occasionally HANG UP. I have no control of the FLEX 5KA from the computer. This problem requires a restart of the FLEX and HRD to return to normal. I have noticed this problem since installing the Upgraded PowerSDR V2.5.3.
Bill W4EY
Post #6487
Posted Sunday, April 7, 2013 6:27 PM
Forum Newbie

W4EY (4/4/2013)
I have had some issues with the FLEX 5KA since loading the new PowerSDR 2.5.3 software. When running FLEX, I open up HRD Version 6 with DM780. I have found the FLEX will occasionally HANG UP. I have no control of the FLEX 5KA from the computer. This problem requires a restart of the FLEX and HRD to return to normal. I have noticed this problem since installing the Upgraded PowerSDR V2.5.3.
Bill W4EY

Bill , I have gone back to the 2.2.3 version and have disabled network connections and restarted then and the popping has gone, I am running XP and think now I need a re format as XP just gets worse with use.
Its gotta be a dedicated PC every time .
Best regards Zoli.

voodoo from Plymouth
Post #6493
Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 6:49 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Friday, May 9, 2014 11:20 AM
Don't under stand why you would want HDR at all with a Flex . I use Mini Deluxe then run DM-780 and the log book. I never had a problem with window xp or windows 7 with 3800 plus contact on dm780 never lock up also run MMSTV, JT65HF and JT9-1 no problem with any of them.
need setup help have it on my web site but don't own a flex 5k but have a 3k and a 1500 and have had 2 SDR-1000 no problem with any of them. I di have audio problem but the version was free started give me problems.

jim w4wwj www.w4wwj.com with flex info

Jim W4WWJ
Post #6494
Posted Friday, April 12, 2013 12:28 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM

OM,

If you are hearing popping on any of the Flex Radios, be sure that your computer resources are sufficient to run PowerSDR and the drivers, in the case of the SDR 1000 the sound card drivers. Sometimes just a slight adjustment of the Audio Buffers will resolve the issue or simply changing the computer's Power Options to "High Performance" as in this article. Important for Win7 and Vista and now Win8

http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/entries/22439661-Optimal-Win7-High-Performance-Power-Options-for-PowerSDR

If your CPU rate is running over 50%, you may not have enough resources. MS doesn't think a CPU is busy until it hits 90% ..

And remember to only make one small change at a time, do not change your Sample rate and buffers both at the same time when you are trying to trouble shoot issues..

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #6499
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 9:06pm