Apple MAC Mini Computer
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Apple MAC Mini Computer Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Login: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:36 PM
[size=7]I am a FLEX 5000A user, my question is since I have now shifted from Windows Operation systems to the Apple OS X Mountain Lion operating system, I was wondering if there are any of the FLEX SDR users operate the 5000A with the Apple MAC Mini. This computer has a Firewire 800, Thunderbolt Port and Intel Core i5 operating core. Also, was wondering if the new FLEX 6500 SDR Software would run on the OS X Mountain Lion platform.
NEED HELP!!!
Bill W4EY [/size]
Post #6462
Posted Monday, March 18, 2013 11:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, March 18, 2013 10:54 AM
FlexRadio systems has maintained from the beginning that they don't have the bandwidth to support operating platforms other than Windows operating systems. They do not support Linux or Macintosh operating systems.
If you wish to use a Macintosh system you must use it under Boot Camp and install a Windows platform shell. I have used windows seven on a MacBook Pro with a Flex 5000a successfully for years, now.
I rather doubt FRS would want to open a Mac can o' worms when busy trying to launch a shiny new bit of DDC & DDU hardware.
Paul WN7T

Paul WN7T
Post #6466
Posted Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:03 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Login: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:36 PM
Paul thanks for the info. The Government has been switching from Windows systems to Apple systems. We have had to use special
software to run some Windows Applications. At least I know to stay away from MAC OS X Mountain Lion operation systems.
Thanks for the info..
Bil
W4EY
Post #6473
Posted Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:30 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:24 PM
I run Mountain Lion and Boot Camp with Windows 7 and it works fine controlling the Flex 5000 (and running all the other programs like WSPR, WSJT-X and the like). I've had three "real" PCs running Windows and they all bit the dust for one reason or another, while I haven't had any problems with the Mac. Running under Bootcamp it is really just another hardware platform for Windows, and I've had good luck with its hardware reliability, though still the usual troubles with Windows now and then. I also run a Flex 1500 with an older Mac mini, same configuration.

Mike
AB1LD
Post #6678
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:24pm