NO transmit audio on 2.5.3 in FM mode
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

NO transmit audio on 2.5.3 in FM mode Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, February 2, 2013 6:14 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:38 AM
Hi there all,
I have just been made to look like an idiot, It was my turn to do the local call backs on the clubs repeater, so using the trusty old 5000a on UHF the transmission looked like it was working ALC moving output power on the coaxial cable.
Only to find I was just dropping a carrier, NO AUDIO, yes I checked everything, I mean every stupid thing, ended up having to run outside the shack with the hand held and a pen and paper to do the job, people asked me why I was standing outside.

Now the version of PSDR is the new one v2.5.3. if you are lucky enough to have the VHF/UHF board fitted try this, enable FM, the software looks like its working BUT, turn a HT on, you are only producing a carrier.

I even reinstalled the software, still the same, reset the database still the same, reinstall one revision back perfect it works correctly.

One other thing can some one else with one of these check the output power into a bird 43 and the power supply on 14 volts and tell me what you output power is, mine is only 17 watts. Now that is less than the radio the flex replaced.

I am ready to throw this radio in the bin.

Not even going to say cheers and 73s', I am very upset.
Post #6357
Posted Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:01 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
I just verified that FM does indeed work on the 2m/430 V/U modules w/ PowerSDR 2.5.3. Be sure to check in your Mixer settings, you might even turn on the MONitor button to verify that you infact have audio coming into the radio.

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #6367
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:33pm