How to TX a Pre Recorded CQ Message?
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

How to TX a Pre Recorded CQ Message? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:19 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:18 PM
I´m trying to figure out how those recording functions work. Until now I was able to record and playback signals for reports purposes in the front panel REC/PLAY buttons, and even a message in the WAVE menu which is transmitted if I hold down the PTT. But I want to have a CQ message just like I used to have in the Yaesu FT-950 and with just a hit of a button it will play back which I´m sure is hiding somewhere.

Can´t find anything in the manual. Someone can give me a help on this?

73/PY2JF - João Roberto

[Flex-3000]
Post #6244
Posted Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:46 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:18 PM
Just sent this question for support and got the following reply:

"PowerSDR does not have a "voice keyer" feature. The record/play back feature in PowerSDR is designed to record over the air signals for palyback on the radio later or playback over the air.
I recommend that you look at the K9DUR Voice Keyer. It was designed to be used with PowerSDR. http://k9dur.rnaconsultingservices.com/VoiceKeyer.aspx"

Very impressed with the support which answered my question even today (Sunday)!

It is surprising the lack of this feature so common in traditional radios and so simple to implement in software, since the functionality is there and it would be just a case of adding a button that activates the transmission for the duration of a selected . WAV file. Having to add a third part software and deal with virtual Cables just for this feature is nonsense to me. I hope they add this feature in a future software update.

Happy holidays.

73/PY2JF - João Roberto

[Flex-3000]
Post #6245
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:20pm