Starting with Flex 1500
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Starting with Flex 1500 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Awaiting Activation
Last Login: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:58 AM
Hello ALL,

I have received my Flex 1500 a week or so ago. Installed the software and played a bit with the receiver with a peace of wire. It works
Now I am trying to set up it to be able for the first QSO. I am not at the high level with PC, software and so on so I have some questions.
1. Due to the lack of time I am time to time participating in the biggest contests. I am using Icom IC-756PRO2 and/or 3 and I wonder will it be possible to use same simple home made interface for PTT and CW keying? I hope this is possible but I will need to play a bit with the connectors. PTT and keying is inside of the LPT connector housing. But here is next question...
2. I am using WinTest software to operate in the contests and to log rare everyday QSOs. But I have no idea how to "merge" SDR software and WinTest. Have anyone an experience please? With frequency reading if possible... I am using older laptop HP Compaq 600 so it would be perfect to have both software running simultaneously on a single PC.
3. Thinking about SS PA like HLA 150 plus or 300 Plus. It was a pleasure to read number of positive opinions. As I understood there will be an advantage to build some small external commutation for PAs (I hope to use HLA to drive a KW PA as well) to prevent Flex relay from the damage. Just some strange to have no any attention from RM Italy to my request...
4. I am thinking to use external USB Flex control button - has anyone any experience to use it in the contests please?
Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance.

73, Remi LY8O

73, Remi LY8O
Post #6188
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:15am