No power indication in CW with PSDR 2.4.4
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

No power indication in CW with PSDR 2.4.4 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:41 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:35 AM
I've seen this mentioned by others on forums and email lists, but I have never seen anyone post a solution.

I'm using a Flex-1500 with PowerSDR 2.4.4. In CW mode I can adjust the power output using the drive control as expected. I get around 0 to 5 watts output as I adjust the drive from 0 to 100. But there is no forward power indicated on the meter - it reads 0%. Likewise nothing is displayed on the panadapter as it is on SSB.

The puzzling thing is that I thought I recalled this working at one time. In any case it doesn't work now. I can operate CW just fine (other than having to use an external keyer, but that's another issue) so it doesn't stop me from using the radio on CW. But it would be nice to have some power output indication on CW. Does anyone know how to correct/restore this function?

Doug K4DSP
Post #6144
Posted Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:11 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09 AM
Hi Doug,
i´m not sure but it seems to be normal. Checked it out and the same results here with my Flex 1k5 and PSDR 2.4.4 in CW. Normally i don´t look to the internal instrument, only to my external wattmeter .... CW works fine but nothing shown at the internal meter and in the panadapter display ....

Call: DF5WW (Class A) ... OP: Juergen (Joe) .... Rig: Only QRP with Flex 1,5k and 2 x 25 m folded doublet with balance feedline for all bands (under the roof). Also a 10,3 m Quadloop for 10 and 6 ... feeded with ladderline too and also under the roof.
Post #6145
Posted Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:27 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:35 AM
Thanks, Joe, nice to know that it is not unique to my setup. Perhaps it will get fixed in a future version of PSDR.
Doug K4DSP
Post #6146
Posted Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:34 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09 AM
Hope so too

I´m not a "meter junkie" but i´some guys using automatic tuners close to the antenna and they don´t have an external meter near the station so it would be nice the internal instrument shows whats goin´ on

73´s

Call: DF5WW (Class A) ... OP: Juergen (Joe) .... Rig: Only QRP with Flex 1,5k and 2 x 25 m folded doublet with balance feedline for all bands (under the roof). Also a 10,3 m Quadloop for 10 and 6 ... feeded with ladderline too and also under the roof.
Post #6147
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:53 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:48 AM
I have the same problem - I suspect it is related to the way CW is now generated locally on the unit rather than as audio. It is a bit of a pain but useable. As I have absolutely no interest in break in, I only use the flex for microwaves, and relay timings mean latency is less of an issue, (as long as the key and the side tone are synced) I would prefer to revert back to the old method - but I am not sure how to do that.

Mike
Post #6218
Posted Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:05 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:23 AM
To get the meter to read (indicate) forward power try using the TUN button and then use your ATU. Once I have done this my meter shows forward power but you need to do this each time you change bands. Most of the time I just use external SWR/PWR meter and tune up by holding key down, this does not make the power meter read, I have to have used the TUN button method on that band for power indication on the meter to work; cw latency much improved by 2.4.4 but now I have got used to reading key clicks again as I did when first using Morse so sidetone remains off.

G4AWW

Post #6226
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 9:16pm