3000 Start Up
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

3000 Start Up Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:18 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:52 PM
I've been using my 3000 and computer from Neal for several months with no problems until recently.  I no longer have the shaded choice of my 3000 available, only the demo has the shaded "Use" button. in the Radio Interface box.  Basically I can no longer choose my 3000 by clicking on "Use".   Problem existed before I upgraded to PowerSDR v2.4.4 and I was hoping that the upgrade would help but problem still exists.  I'm not very experienced with SDR so hopefully it's a simple fix and someone can steer me in the right direction with directions a rookie can follow.  Thanks ...   Russ
Post #6135
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:52 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09 AM
Hi Russ,

could be a broken firewire at the pc side, at the flexradio hardware (FW) or a broken driver.

First try the following action:

First uninstall your 3000 drivers manually from C://program files/Flex Radio Systems/300o Drivers32 (or 64) and after that uninstall PowerSDR via uninstall function .....

2nd delete all PSDR or Flexradio Folders (also in the "User" folders)

3rd restart pc

4th use a registry cleaner like CCCleaner

5th restart pc again

6th make a full new installation of the actual PSDR and follow the instructions (e.g. radio off)

Don´t import a saved database if the radio works. Would be better to set it up manually

If that works you´re back on air, if not it should be a hardware trouble at the pc or flex´s side :-(

Call: DF5WW (Class A) ... OP: Juergen (Joe) .... Rig: Only QRP with Flex 1,5k and 2 x 25 m folded doublet with balance feedline for all bands (under the roof). Also a 10,3 m Quadloop for 10 and 6 ... feeded with ladderline too and also under the roof.
Post #6137
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2012 6:37 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Friday, May 9, 2014 11:20 AM
I would replace the firewire cable. In my windows 7 and also windows 8 when I turn on the flex I here two beeps. Also in the tray at bottom it says the icon show flex radio ,if you don't see the flex radio at this point it wont load.
Jim w4wwj

Jim W4WWJ
Post #6138
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:03 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

I rerouted the firewall cable and now I get a consistant fatal error that says:  External component has thrown an exception.   

(I'll try to rewrite this as accurately as possible and the 0 maybe (), hard to tell.)

at PowerSDR.Pal.ReadOp(Opcode opcode, UInt32 data1,Ulnt32 data2, Single& rtn)

at PowerSDR.FWCEEPROM,ReadRXImage(Single[] gain_table,Single[] phase_table

at PowerSDR.Console.RestoreCalData0

at PowerSDR.Console.CheckCalData0

at PowerSDR.Console.InitConsole0

at PowerSDR.Console..ctor(String[] args)

at PowerSDR.Console.Main(String[] args)

Post #6139
Posted Sunday, November 11, 2012 1:12 PM
Forum Newbie

Well it's no longer consistant. Back to original issue. Just clicked on the
desktop Flex Radio icon and it states "No Device Found".

Post #6141
Posted Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:57 PM
Forum Newbie

Thanks to Jim and Joe who hit the problem right on the nose.  Bad firewire cable.  It was the yellowish gold one supplied by Flex.  I went to their website and ordered a Granite Digital cable and no more problem.  Anyone still using the gold one may want to consider ordering another Granite for the future.  Russ K5ZZR 
Post #6148
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:02am