Audio Problems with Flex 3000
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Audio Problems with Flex 3000 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, October 20, 2012 6:28 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:49 PM
For a reason I cannot identify I can only get audio out of my Flex 3000 by turning on VAC 1.  When I do I cannot control the volume using the AF gain.  There must be a setting in Power SDR I don't have right but I simply cant figure it out.  Any ideas what I'm missing?  Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it. 
Post #6095
Posted Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:42 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

I've done some additional work on this problem but still haven't fixed it.  The additional information is as follows: 

The issue is that I cannot get sound from the speakers attached to the power speaker out jack on the back of my Flex 3000.  Same goes for earphones attached to the phone jack on the front of the radio.  I can get audio from the computer speakers when I turn on the VAC in the audio setup page of PowerSDR.  I’ve confirmed that the outputs are turned on in the audio mixer of PowerSDR.  I’ve also checked the squelch setting and it has no effect. 

The setup for the system is as follows:

Computer:  HP Elitebook 8560 Laptop

PowerSDR:  v2.4.4

Speakers attached to the Flex 3000 do work when I attach the radio to my desktop computer which is set up as follows:

Computer:  Homebrew running a gigabyte mobo with intel i5 processor

PowerSDR: 2.4.4

I’ve looked through all the PowerSDR windows on both computers to try to find differences in settings that would explain the problem but I can’t resolve it. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might help me get the speakers and phones to work when using the radio with the laptop? 

Thanks. 

Leon, NT8B

Post #6096
Posted Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:27 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Friday, May 9, 2014 11:20 AM
Top row of setting main screen  the sventh one called (MIXER) tick on it.

input mic tick

output pow spkr tick this is for the rear of the Flex

output  headphone tick this is for the jack on the front of the Flex

Make sure these setting  are not Muted

this is my setup

Jim 73

http://w4wwj.com/flex3000.html

Jim W4WWJ

Post #6099
Posted Sunday, October 21, 2012 6:31 PM
Forum Newbie

Jim,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I have checked to make sure the correct outputs are turned on and that there is nothing muted.  If you have other ideas I'd be glad to hear your suggestions.

Leon, NT8B

Post #6100
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:24pm