Optimal TX settings for BPSK31
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Optimal TX settings for BPSK31 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 12, 2012 3:12 PM
Hi folks,
just got my Flex1500 and been playing with it a couple of days and made some good contacts so com0com and VAC is working fine.
I'm just wondering if you have any preferred settings for BPSK31 modes, to make _my_ signal as good as possible for the receiver?
Not that into how compander, expander etc affects bpsk modulation...
You have any tips?

Just worked a location in russia 2500km away with a tiny 20M E-H antenna so the 5 watts is plenty

73!
//Greg.
Post #6052
Posted Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:51 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09 AM
Hi Greg .... for digital modes set Console to mode DIGU ..... set the TX Meter that is shows ALC ..... set the VAC TXGain Slider that ALC shows 0 dB whwn you transmit ..... That´s all. Works fine here

Call: DF5WW (Class A) ... OP: Juergen (Joe) .... Rig: Only QRP with Flex 1,5k and 2 x 25 m folded doublet with balance feedline for all bands (under the roof). Also a 10,3 m Quadloop for 10 and 6 ... feeded with ladderline too and also under the roof.
Post #6053
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:39 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:29 PM
With PSK-31 there can be a fine line between the right drive level and over-driving with a lot of splatter, which you see all the time on the waterfall.

I have had good luck with a simple kit product called PSKMeter which samples the RF output, measures the IMD and gives both graphical and numerical feedback as to whether you are under-driving, over-driving or just right.

Incidentally, although I set my drive levels carefully, I have occasionally had feedback that I was generating splatter. If you get such feedback, ask the person at the other end to turn off their preamp or add some attenuation....over-driving the receiver front-end can look the same as over-driving the transmitter. It could be them rather than you.

Treat Hull
VA3IMO
Post #6157
Posted Friday, November 23, 2012 4:41 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, November 23, 2012 4:35 AM
Do you have any blogs or videos regarding this topic? I am very keen to learn about this.

www.hypedc.com
Post #6158
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:13am