Flex 1500 new user.......
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 1500 new user....... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:09 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:03 AM
Hi Everyone.....

Just to say "Hi" to everyone as a new user of a Flex Radio 1500.....not a newbie on SDR, i had a Perseus rx for about 3 years.

I tend to be a SWL a whole lot more although i am licenced. The Flex is up and running and i have yet to test it "on-air".......

I have one question....i downloaded the "trial version" of VAC which works ok......does anyone know how long this trial version lasts???

Many Thanks.....

Steve. UK.

Post #6034
Posted Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:24 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09 AM
Hi Steve,

there´s no time limit ... only a limit of usuable cables.
Using a Flex-1k5 too.... Nice little SDR machine. Brings me some DX´s and i´m only a qrp worker.
So keep on and work some

Have fun with the "little" big Flex

Call: DF5WW (Class A) ... OP: Juergen (Joe) .... Rig: Only QRP with Flex 1,5k and 2 x 25 m folded doublet with balance feedline for all bands (under the roof). Also a 10,3 m Quadloop for 10 and 6 ... feeded with ladderline too and also under the roof.
Post #6041
Posted Sunday, October 7, 2012 10:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 10:03 AM
Hi Joe.....

Many thanks for your reply and useful info about the VAC.....thanks.....i was not sure about this.

I used to have the Perseus SDR rx as i mainly listen to the BC bands and have done so for many years, so i did not need the VAC.

So far i am totally impressed by the Flex 1500 and the rx side is just superb. Using SDR rigs are a million miles away from how i started and i must say i have been a real convert. Its so much easier to listen and type up logs and find out the latest space wx etc, all from the screen.

Next i hope to get on the air, i think that will take a little more getting used to however.........i will ask if i need any help.....

73....for now.......Steve.

Post #6058
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:35am