talkpower flex 3000
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

talkpower flex 3000 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:52 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:13 PM
I use a Yaesu MH-31 hand mic for the most part, using the preset D104 + CMPDR setting, 10 band EQ set for a 3 db bump @ 32hz, 63hz, 1kc, 4 db @ 2kc, and I always get good audio reports, and have listened back to my audio from remote receivers, and it is plenty dense and "powerful".  Power out shows about 71 watt peaks.

It's all in the mic settings... Start with one of the presets and work from there.

Post #6035
Posted Wednesday, September 26, 2012 7:14 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:53 AM
Hi,

Thanks everybody for all of your respond on this
I have a beautiful modulation(regarding reports from other hams) thats not the problem.using the profiles from the PR-781+EO
Preamp,IO,Mic,and leveler they are all at 0 db on the tx meter.
The problem is the output in talkpower.
I never saw 70 watts output the maximum I ever saw here in talkpower is about 45 watt.
If I tune there is a full 100 watt available so its not the finals.

Thanks again,

Hans.
PD2HE
Post #6039
Posted Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:28 PM

Here's a good start.. Pay close attention to the last paragraph

http://vk1od.net/measurement/SsbTxPower/MeasureSSBTxPower.htm 

Post #6042
Posted Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:31 PM

You also might start by using one of the many remote receiver sites out there, including Globaltuners.com, Remotehams.com, etc. to listen to yourself remotely and record the results to compare with other stations on the same receiver. http://www.sdr-radio.com/ gives you the capability of tuning in and recording clips.
Post #6043
Posted Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:01 AM

Hi Ted,
I have tried almost everything including calibrating the transceiver but nothing seems to work!
On the dummy load there is no more than 50-60 watts talk-power if i put the drive to 100 watt.

All the parameter's in the tx meter are at proximally 0 DB.

Thanks for your support!

Hans.

Post #6045
Posted Sunday, September 30, 2012 5:02 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, July 21, 2013 10:13 AM
Hi Hans,
Misschien een leuke test voor je,probeer het eens met de digi modes psk31 of zo
kijk eens of je dan wel power voortbrengt,op zich heeft het dan niets te maken met je mike of zo
maar je weet dan meer.
Ik heb zo het gevoel dat je met de digi modes een stuk beter presteert.
Als je software daarvoor nodig mocht hebben kan ik je altijd via mail helpen.
Groeten
Ronnie

Hi Hans,
Try as a test your rig in digital modes,psk31 or so and look if your output power is better than in phone
Post #6046
Posted Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:16 AM

Problem solved!
After connecting a Heil Gold Elite microphone the talk-power is just fine now.

Thanks everybody for all of your support!
Hans
PD2H
Post #6062
Posted Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:06 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 22, 2012 12:14 PM
PD2HE, Hans.....I bought my Flex 3000 and it did not come with a mic....I'm feeding a Heil PR 40 into a W2IHY EQplus....I feed the output of the EQplus into a IC-7600 and a IC-7000 and the Flex 3000 and I don't change the settings of the EQplus for each different radio.....I have the output of the EQplus turned up fairly high to get the audio out of all three radios to my satisfaction...everybody likes the way all three radios sound, the say the audio is rich and robust.....so maybe you need to add some boost to the output of your mic into your Flex....I did no adjustments to my Flex and I get great results....maybe this approach will cure your problem......Joe, W5SSS
Post #6064
Posted Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:19 PM

Hi Joe,
My problems are all over now using the Heil Gold Elite microphone instead of the Heil PR-781

Thanks anyway for your respond.

Hans.
Post #6067
Posted Monday, October 29, 2012 3:26 PM

Last Login: Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:26 PM
I have tried many mics with similar excellent results.

LESON TW232, MH31, MC60A, Heil PR20.

I found that after setting the EQ for each type and peaking the ALC to 0dB as it should be, the output is always the same.

The Heil needed more 1-4kHz boost due to its flat response (bassy on the F3K with flat EQ) but the end result was the same.

So I still don't understand why the OP was having these issues - a mystery.

Sure, the PR20 on DX with a good EQ and 3k bandwidth is a handsome sound for sure, but so was the MC60.

Are you sure your meters are capable of showing PEP, not just the average which with 'full' audio won't much exceed 80w....???

Kind Regards,
Steve M1BJR
Somerset UK

Post #6124
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:17pm