Upgrade to 2.4.4
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Upgrade to 2.4.4 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 10, 2012 2:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:20 PM
I did my upgrade to 2.4.4 last night and all went well. But I missed the part about disconnecting the antenna during the RX image calibration. What is the best way to re-run the setup so I can allow this process to calibrate correctly? Can I just uninstall and re-install? Or is there a way to run the calibration manually. I have not had a chance to kick the tires yet so I am not sure if it is not within specs. Thanks for the help.

Dave - NZ6D

David Griffith - NZ6D

Post #6005
Posted Monday, September 10, 2012 5:52 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:09 PM
Hi David, I just did the same and forgot to disconnect the antenna and place my dummy load
The radio seems to work just fine but let me tell you that I did the upgrade because when I'm on the air
The other party reported me a weir noise when I just start talking or when finishing the word and have been
Reported that the problem get worst when transmitting using the amp which is a Kenwood TL 922
I really don't know if my problem is related to RFI or any other problem.
Just to mention I think it's because I have the radio too close to the amp (I hope that is the problem)

Anyway the only problem that I've encountered while upgrading was that the programs was unable to find the firmware
Version 2.1.3.0 it said that only found the 2.0.7.5 so I did a search in my computer and found the firmware in another
Folder so I did the firmware update manually. But like I said it's working fine. But now you got me thinking if I will
Have to do the right way without the antenna.
But I think it's not difficult to do it again like the software said you don't need to uninstall, just do the procedure
Again like if you are doing it as the first time.

Please let us know how its go.

73's

TBD
Post #6006
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:24 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:20 PM
I was able to remove the installation and all it's reminants. Re-installed without antenna connected and it went back through the calibration proceedure. Seems like all is working well. I will do some more testing tonight on JT65

Thanks for the help.

David Griffith - NZ6D

Post #6011
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:20pm