Microphone Transient
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Microphone Transient Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:39 PM
Hi All,
I wonder if any one has noticed a wild overshoot of the mic signal in the "TX Window" while transmitting.
On my Flex-5000, I see full scale excursions of the indicator particularly at the start and at the end of a transmission. The Manual says that the mic gain should be adjusted to stay below the 0 (zero) line. This occurs whether I am using VOX or MOX.
This is of concern because I am driving a Tokyo HY-POWER amplifier. The amplifier is very sensitive to any drive over 100 Watts. My output power is adjusted to 82 Watts output.
If anyone has noticed this behavior, please reply.
Post #5939
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012 12:33 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:45 AM
Robert,

I don't see this behavior, so let me ask- have you gone through your audio chain to make sure each stage is not overdriving?  There ios a good article in the Flex wiki that gives the order.  Generally, you go in order that you see the opritons in the VU display- start with a mic gain around 35, talk at your preferred volume and distance, and then set each audio stage (like EQ, compression, etc) until tthe VU continues to read between -5 and -1 dB .  If you're overdriving one stage and underdriving another to make up, you can get some wierd artifacts and generally lousy audio. 

Jim KJ2P   

Post #5943
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:19pm