FLEX-5000 Support Dual Display
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FLEX-5000 Support Dual Display Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:14 AM
I just got my FLEX-5000A in the door, dowloaded the software, and have had a few minutes getting really impressed! The display for PowerSDR is VERY packed, so I wonder if there is any support for dual display, so I can spred things around? If not, I think this would be a greate idea for later releases.

73 de LA2SL

Ulf

Post #5929
Posted Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:44 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:45 AM
PowerSDR doesn't care how many displays you use.  I've used one, two and now three.  It's your own computer and your own video card, that determine how well you can use multiple displays. 

The more space you use for display, and the higher the resolution, the more pixels that must be generated by your computer.  My current setup has 4800 x 900 dpi, which is 4.3 megapixels.  This takes a lot of processing power to keep refreshing.  PowerSDR can be set to refresh at speeds from very low (jerkly) to very high (more like an ocilliscope).  The faster the refresh, the mor CPU % consumed by PSDR.  If I were using a low performance CPU to refresh all those 4 megapixels,  I'd have to keep the PowerSDR Refresh Rate really slow, which would be annoyingly unpleasant to me.

Windows Control Panel / Display lets you 'extend' your desktop across another monitor.  I use the AMD Catalyst Utility with an AMD 6970 video card to extend across three monitors at high resolution.  BTW, two monitors drove me crazy, and gave me a crook in my neck.  Hence, three.  

Post #5931
Posted Monday, August 13, 2012 10:42 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 4:14 AM
First of all, thanks a lot for your reply. I have a pretty fast computer with 16 GB RAM an quad core CPU running at 3.4 GHz and booting from a SSD disk. I know how to work with computers, have been working in the computer business for more tha 25 years, but primary on the server side. I want to know if it is possible to split up the information on the screen from the PowerSDR. I am using other progams (like Adobe Premiere Pro) where you can drag frames freely around on the different screens.

Ulf

Post #5945
Posted Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:09 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:45 AM
Sorry it took me so long to respond.  The main PSDR display can't be split.  I do, however, overlap both ends of the PSDR main display on to the side monitors.  This gives me a Panadapter about 23 inches wide, with two, 2 inch wide panels for the PSDR controls on each side of the Panadapter on the side monitors.  Then I open the ESC, Antenna, EQ, and Mixer windows on the left monitor along with DDutil, and a logging program and Voice Keyer on the right monitor.  

I agree with you that the ability to split the PSDR display into boxes of your own choosing would be advantageous (espedcially for multiple monitors, or small monitors), but I think that functionality is bypassing the 5000 series, and going right to the 6000 series at its foundation.   

Post #5972
Posted Saturday, February 2, 2013 6:24 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:38 AM
Just when are people going to learn how to program correctly.
WHY do we need to have quad core machines running at the speed of light, it is getting to be a joke, 16 GB of ram.
I remember when I first got the flex and a duo core 2.3 ghz laptop with 1 gig of ram ran it perfectly.
Currently a HP duo core 2.33 GHz 4 gig memory in 64 bit mode works perfectly for me.
If I have to buy one more computer for the flex I will be getting rid of the radio cutting my loses and dust of the old valve radio again, I am serious.
Making us use winblows is a joke as well, if they made software for the mac or released a linux version I would be much happier, and not ready to throw the radio in the bin for the next rubbish pick up.

come on flex
Post #6359
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:54am