noise at 1 kHz spacing
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

noise at 1 kHz spacing Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 27, 2012 12:40 PM
Anyone know why I get noise like show in the picture below? It is regularly at 1 kHz.

Thanks

Post Attachments 
noise1.jpg (32 views, 305.79 KB)

Post #5882
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:21 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, November 25, 2013 7:31 PM
sdr5 (7/26/2012)
Anyone know why I get noise like show in the picture below? It is regularly at 1 kHz.

Thanks

I get the same on 20m only - I assumed it was something localized. I will be interested to know as well.
So far I am not happy at all with the 1500.
Paul vk4apn
Post #5883
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:27 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:27 PM
Yeah,

I have the same on other bands as well....
Post #5884
Posted Friday, July 27, 2012 10:17 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM

You might want to check around for a bad switching power supply somewhere. I have seen some issues with the local DC power Supply being grounded through the radio causing this. It maybe a battery charger in the neighborhood, or maybe your ethernet hub or switch.

Happy hunting.. Let us know what you find.

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #5891
Posted Friday, July 27, 2012 10:20 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Paul,

What's the issue with the 1500?

Don't forget the FlexRadio Help Desk.

Any way we can help.

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
Post #5892
Posted Friday, July 27, 2012 11:46 AM
Forum Newbie

Well,

After switching off possible switching powersupplies, the problem still exists.
It is also show on other frequencies. And always exactly at 1 kHz spacing. Now, if this was man made, it would be different. I suspect it is internal generated.

Are there tests that I could do?

Oh, the helpdesk is full of no info...
Post #5895
Posted Friday, July 27, 2012 12:35 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09 AM
The problem is, you can only switch off YOUR power supply´s and not all around in the neighborhood ... For me it looks like a local noise and not as a problem with Flex´s hardware.

Using here a 1,5k since 1 1/2 years and no problems like this and i´m using my antennas inside the hose (under the roof) which is much more easier to pick up some noise over the powerlines e.g.

If you can got a notebook, the Flex and a battery and try it outside the city, think it´s will be clean there

Hope you know what i mean My english is o.k. for some smalltalk via radio but it´s not perfect

Call: DF5WW (Class A) ... OP: Juergen (Joe) .... Rig: Only QRP with Flex 1,5k and 2 x 25 m folded doublet with balance feedline for all bands (under the roof). Also a 10,3 m Quadloop for 10 and 6 ... feeded with ladderline too and also under the roof.
Post #5896
Posted Friday, July 27, 2012 12:41 PM
Forum Newbie

What components could be noise generating at 1 kHz?

Any idea?
Post #5897
Posted Wednesday, August 1, 2012 8:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:23 AM
I have seen the same sort of effect at times - until I unplugged my speakers and put in earphones, the markers dissappeared immediately. I had been using speakers powered from the usb socket on my laptop now if I want to use a speaker I use battery powered ones and have had no further problems.
I have been using my flex 1500 for 4 months and found the receiver a joy to use, having just returned to the amateur radio fold after a 30 year break and comparing its performance to Collins 51S1, Seimens E311B, Eddystone Nebula, etc, which in their day were (probably still are) excellent receivers. The narrow filters and visual display make operating a breeze and I cannot contemplate reverting to a non SDR radio.

G4AWW
Post #5904
Posted Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:16 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, November 25, 2013 7:31 PM
marconisahib (8/1/2012)
I have seen the same sort of effect at times - until I unplugged my speakers and put in earphones, the markers dissappeared immediately. I had been using speakers powered from the usb socket on my laptop now if I want to use a speaker I use battery powered ones and have had no further problems.
G4AWW

I have ONLY used headphones on my 1500 and the effect i.e. 1 khz markers are still evident. So certainly not usb powered speakers in my case.
Post #5907
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:41am