3000 audio setup
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

3000 audio setup Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:26 AM
I am new to the Flex 3000 coming from a Yaesu FT950 and MD100 microphone that I am using with the 3000.

Are there any sources that can help guide me in adjusting the 3000/MD100 combination? The MD100 is in pass-thru mode.

I did some on the air trials with the 10 band EQ and it did not seem to make much difference.
The TXEQ "light" was on so I know it was in the circuit.

I am not looking for big echo chamber type audio - just nice clean defined audio.

All help is welcome.

Post #5880
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:32 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
Hi, I have a Flex 3000 for about two years. We can prob talk on 40m any time in the eve. I would be glad to help you. my e-mail is billbuchanan@rogers.com if u want to set something up.
Post #5885
Posted Friday, July 27, 2012 11:15 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Normally I would refer you to the audio setup in the FlexRadioWiki.com site, but it site has been temporarily down. The MD100 will work just fine without any EQ, You might want to start with the Hc4-5+CPDR TX Profile. This might be a good starting point, if you need to add the TX EQ, then use only the 3 band EQ unless you are really familiar with using a 10 band EQ. In the "Mic" and "ALC" TX Meter , you don't want your Peak audio over "0" dbm, Use the Mic gain slider to adjust these levels, the "Mic" readings are inputs to the DSP sw, and the "ALC" readings are at the end just before getting to the radio, they should read about the same. If the ALC gets higher than the Mic input readings, then the CPDR, DX, or Leveler is set too high..

The biggest thing that you want to see in the Panadapter is basically a straight line across as you speak. If the lows are too high a level and the highs too low, the pattern in the panadapter will look like a ski slope, ( \ ) not good. Should look more even across, adjust the EQ to make it look more even ( ---- ) .

Hope this helps to explain what to look for..

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #5894
Posted Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:49 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, September 7, 2012 7:07 PM
Hope it's not to late to add to this discussion, I copied the instructions that were posted on the Flex Wiki about setting up the audio. Here they are:

SETUP:
Audio
 1. Turn off all options, e.g. DX, CPDR, VOX, DEXP in the mic window on
  the front console.
  2. Set mic gain to mid scale (35).
  3. Open the Mixer menu.
  4. Select your mic input.
  5. Set TX power to 0 (so you don't actually transmit or you can use a
  dummy load).
  6. Select mic input level display on the TX meter.
  7. Key the rig, talk normally, and adjust the slider in the MIXER for
  not more than 0dB on meter.
  8. Set TX meter to read EQ level.
  9. Open the Equalizer menu.
  10. Set the TX EQ the way you want it.
  11. Key the rig, talk normally, and adjust the TX Preamp gain control
  for not more than 0dB on meter.

The key here is to never exceed 0db on the meter. That will keep your audio clean. If you want to hear exactly what you sound like just use the record option in SDR while transmitting at 0 output.
  12. Open the Setup>DSP>AGC/ALC window.
  13. Enable the leveler (check the box).
  14. Set Leveler Max Gain to 0dB.
  15. Set TX meter to read ALC.
  16. Key the rig, talk normally, and adjust the mic gain (front of
  console) for not more than 0dB on the TX meter.
  17. Turn on DX and DEXP if you want.
  18. Key the rig, talk normally, and verify ALC stays below 0dB.
  19. Turn TX power back up and transmit.

Dave
KD5FX

Post #5990
Posted Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:57 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:13 PM
Load the "D104 + CMPDR" profile, ramp the MIC to 25, use 10 band EQ with a 4db boost at 32, 3db at 63, 0 at 125, the 2db at 1k, 3db at 2k.

Set MD-100 to LO cut OFF, and HI Emph ON.  Back off about three inches from the mic. Drive to 100.

Talk. Enjoy good audio reports.

Post #6036
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:44am