FLEX 5000A and SteppIR control panel interface
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FLEX 5000A and SteppIR control panel... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:47 PM
At Dayton I purchased the DB18E SteppIR antenna and the SDA100 control panel. During the purchase I was asked about the interface cable between the 5000A or PSDR and the SDA100. Of course not having any chance to use the new radio I was not equipped to answer that and SteppIR was not sure either. So after the purchase I walked over to the Flex booth and discussed with people there. It was difficult to obtain an answer as there were tons of people all trying to get a look at the new radio or discuss something about their radio.

I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction. I took from the conversation at Dayton that I may only need a serial cable to the computer and DDUtil to accomplish this. I would hope someone on this forum has gone down this path and may be willing to assist this newbe.

Larry
W8LIG

Post #5747
Posted Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 8:38 AM
Hello Larry, I have a SteppIR + SDA100 Controller. The cable from the SDA (data in) goes to COM1 on my PC. The pin wiring (and plugs) should be with the controller package. With the cable connected, power up the 5KA.

Select 'Setup' ; Select 'Cat Control' ; Select the com port you are using, set baud to 4800 (or rate to match baud in SDA), Parity=none, Data=8, Stop =1. Then check the box to enable cat. The 5KA will now control the SDA. In my case I have another controller plugged into the data out socket on the SDA so the Flex controls two SteppIR controllers.

Mike

G6TUH

Post #5797
Posted Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:23 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:47 PM
Thank you for your response Mike. This should arrive next month. I think I have a handle on it, also the author of DDUtil has a SteppIR and we had a conversation on the phone about it.

73's

Larry

Larry
W8LIG

Post #5841
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:10am