Flex 3000 xmit drift
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 3000 xmit drift Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:23 PM
Just got Flex 3000 on air couple of days ago. Today I've gotten two reports of my xmit freq drifting. I didn't think much of the first report but spent some time with the second report. On 6M 50.140.000 I first went low 50.139.900 then settled down high 50.140.200. It would move durinf a transmission.

The has been on all day. The case is very cool to the touch. In checking the forum I found how to check the Temp/vollt. It reads 13.7v 38C. The flex is sitting in an open space on the desk with plenty of space for air flow.

The rec freq is rock solid. Of course I checked to make sure that xit not on. That is what we thought might have happened. The station reported that when I first called him I was on freq. When turned back to me I dropped low enough that he had to rit to be able to understand me. I made several transmissions and never changed my "dial" setting of 50.140.000. After a min or so I settled down to the high freq.

Roger
na4rr
Post #5737
Posted Monday, June 4, 2012 3:29 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 8, 2012 6:05 PM
Well, not sure if anything is wrong. I've noticed I have had to use RIT quite a bit this past week - I think it is the bands that are drifting, not the radios - either that or there are *alot* of radios that drift out there. Also, I let me Flex "warm up" for 15-30 mins before I use it if I can, just to settle the thermals.

KB1TFH

Flex 3000 running off of a Panasonic ToughBook CF-30 MK.2, ELO touchscreen and a FlexControl.
Post #5742
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:29am