DC power connections
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

DC power connections Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:38 AM
Hi there all,
after having the flex pulled apart to repair the 20 m output filter, I was looking at the utilux dc connection, these things are really hard to obtain in Australia I never liked the connection right from the first time my eyes laid on it, the standard connection in my eyes for radios and good DC connections are the Anderson Power Poles, they are easy to find, make off, and are a very positive connection.
During the time the radio was pulled into 100 plus parts I decided the time was right, after removing the old DC connection a smile started on my face, now I must warn it you do this it is at your own risk, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE AND FLEX AS WELL they are the good guys, I used 2 red and 2 black, small pieces of copper solid wire where used from the crimp / soldered to the board this will use a lot of the room.

Now making more cables is easy as pi it was a good mod. only if more manufactures used them on radios.

These are the connections
http://www.andersonpower.com/products/standard-powerpole.html

cheers

Paul

PS I also removed the SO 259 connections and installed silver plated hi-quality N-Types
Post #5643
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:43pm