Digital recording of voice for transmit
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Digital recording of voice for transmit Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 22, 2013 3:39 PM
Can anyone please tell me how to pre-record my voice for transmission, e.g. CQ CQ CQ this is...

It seems that this should be a fairly easy task for the PowerSDR but ther is no obvious option for this...

Thanks in advance

Ray

EI3GD

Ray
EI3GD

Post #5595
Posted Monday, July 16, 2012 11:45 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:26 PM
Ray,

The Flex can record or playback post processed audio using the quickrecord or similar buttons.

It actually saves the data as a wave file in one of the flex directories - if you have a play it tells you where it is saved IIRC.

So in theory (not tried yet) you cold record a .wav file in the smae format using windows sound recorder or whatever, rebame it and pop it in that folder.

Your new ' CQ de xxxxx' file should then appear in the list. Or if you save it as thw Quickrecord.wav (or whatever) you can hit it from the PLAY button at the top left of the screen.

I havent quite mastered how it all fits though myself - so just a suggestion

Steve

Kind Regards,
Steve M1BJR
Somerset UK

Post #5863
Posted Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:07 AM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:35 AM
There is a much easier way to do this. K9DUR VoiceKeyer for PowerSDR
http://k9dur.rnaconsultingservices.com/VoiceKeyer.aspx

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #5864
Posted Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:38 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:08 PM
its so eazy that we over look it...key your mic,then press the rec button and make your cq call.. it will record it. next time you key the mic,press play and it will playback your recorded cq... but i cain't make it record over agian..i suppose you have to go find the file and delete it first!!

Chuck n4oyt
Post #5865
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012 1:17 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:26 PM
Chuck - genius

Kind Regards,
Steve M1BJR
Somerset UK
Post #5872
Posted Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:46 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
Every time you record, the recorded file is over whiten. To record I pres rec and then key the mic, make my recording than pres rec again to stop recording. A message comes up telling were the recording is saved. To play back over the air pres mox and than play and it will send audio over the air. As soon as the mox light goes out after the recording is finished pres mox to un key the radio. Thats it. All files are saved as wav files and can be moved to for use on any wav player.
Post #5887
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:21am