I may have royally screwed the pooch...
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

I may have royally screwed the pooch... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:17 AM
I rearranged the shack today. So had made a parallel cable for my sdr-1000 and was using it in leu of a storebought one. When I hooked everything back up, and fired up, powersdr wouldn't connect to the radio. I believe my homebrew cable may have shorted. Once I figured this out, I replaced it with a bought one, and it still doesn't work. My question is, did I more likely screw up my parallel port, or the rig? I can live with a bad port, because I can get a new card, but I hope I didn't break my rig. If a short did occur in the parallel cable, which would likely get hurt? Aren't all the voltages present supplied by the PC?

Wait... So, this plugs into what?
Post #5556
Posted Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:37 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
I remember when I wanted to connect my external mixer to my Flex 3000, I called Flex and they recommended that I break off one of the pins in the end of the cable. This would make sure that I did touch the power pin by mistake. One of the pins on the Flex are powered.
Post #5561
Posted Thursday, April 12, 2012 2:41 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:17 AM
The flex 3000 doesn't use a parallel connection, though...

Wait... So, this plugs into what?
Post #5562
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:19am