TRX/IQ test
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

TRX/IQ test Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:53 AM
Anyone with experience with this test??

PRESS CTRL+SHIFT+P!

Post #5521
Posted Friday, April 6, 2012 12:16 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Sunday, September 9, 2012 9:17 PM
Yes. During one of the 2.x.x upgrades the RX Level Calibration and Image Suppression routines were automatically run as part of the installation. Unfortunately, my Flex was connected to an antenna at the time and the results were a mess. It was necessary to switch my Flex 5K to the dummy load and bring up the HTRX Test form and run those two routines again to bring the RX back to optimal settings. If you have not seen it, the Flex Knowledge Base has details about the test form here:

http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50140.aspx?Keywords=ctrl+%2b+shift+%2b+p

A number of the tests available in the HTRX Test form are not designed for end users to run as they require connection to a setup bench used at the Flex facility. It's fun to see what's under the hood of PowerSDR though isn't it?

Rob W1AEX

[Flex 5000A]
Post #5547
Posted Friday, April 13, 2012 7:23 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:53 AM
Hi Rob,

I made the big mistake to run the test with the antenna connected to my Flex 3K.
It was a big mess after this so I had to run it again but this time on a dummy-load connected.
After doing so My 3k was even better than ever!
Especially the mic-gain was much better.I did not only had peak power like before but also now I had much more talk power.
The pre-amps were working much better to.

Warning:
Don't use this test if your Flex is working ok as it is designed to run only in the service and repair center!

Hans
PD2HE

Post #5563
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 5:27am