Distorted tx signal - even when tuning up
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Distorted tx signal - even when tuning up Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:07 PM
I'm using a Flex 1500 with PowerSDR 2.3.5 on Windows 7 64bit. The radio is the only thing on its USB hub and there are no problems with receive. But sometimes on transmit, the signal is so distorted that it spreads out for around 10KHz either side, no matter what level of drive and audio signal is used.
When pressing TUNE in PowerSDR, the output is still extremely distorted, appearing as a number of carriers across the transmit bandwidth, rather than a single clean carrier as would be expected with the software generating its own waveform.
The output power as measured on an external meter is no different to when the radio is operating correctly (5 - 6 watts depending on the frequency).
I thought it could be RF feedback but changing from the normal antenna to a dummy load made no difference. But turning the Flex 1500 off and back on again made everything OK again with a normal transmit spectrum.
I believe this might have been happening when using a different motherboard and 32bit Windows 7 so not sure how to stop this from happening.
Post #5495
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:16pm