Demo of Flex
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Demo of Flex Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, April 22, 2012 12:47 PM
I want to demo the Flex at a local club.

Can I , record 30 minutes of say 40M CW, or 15M JT65.
take the file on a laptop, with the Flex demo, and then play it With out the real Flex hooked up?

Better yet, could I also put the JT65 software on the laptop and then use it with the recorded
wave and decode some stations?

Before I go borrow a laptop to use I thought I'd ask first.

Thanks

Frank KA1QW

Post #5457
Posted Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:01 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Ok, maybe someone from Flex Support could answer this ?
Post #5466
Posted Saturday, March 10, 2012 3:40 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:59 PM
I've never tried it with digital modes so I can't help there but you can make a recording of the band then play it back later. You don't need the radio to play it back, just PSDR. I've also done it with a little softrock radio using Rocky instead of PSDR.
Post #5474
Posted Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:10 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM

Yes, you can record a JT65 and play it back, just like you were there. Best to do it with the radio there to take care of the analog to digital conversion. Record with complex wave or with the Audio menu set to RX on Pre-Processed and TX on Post-Processed. Running in the mode in Demo can be a problem due to having to rely on the laptop sound card, you will most likely need to lower the sample rate of the Audio tab to 48K to be within capabilities of the sound card. Also don't forget to load your purchased version of VAC too, do not use the Demo version ..

Also remember that there is no absolute frequency data kept in the complex wave recording, only relative to the I/Q bandwidth itself. In otherwords, you will be tuning about in the bandwidth of the recorded I/Q file, the width it was recorded at, so the frequency displayed in VFOs is not accurate. So set the VFO to the frequency it was originally recorded plus 9 khz (or you IF offset) to be close.

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #5583
Posted Sunday, April 22, 2012 10:33 AM

Thanks for the answer, Dudley !

I like doing a demo of the PSDR with a recording of 40M during a contest. Adding the ability to show off
the digital modes is even better. !
Post #5587
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 5:53am