FLEX-1500 "on" 24/7 + PowerSDR 2.2.3 "on/off" as needed, = flaky operation?
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FLEX-1500 "on" 24/7 + PowerSDR 2.2.3 "on/off"... Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, September 29, 2013 11:01 AM
FLEX-1500 w/PowerSDR 2.2.3 running on a Windows 7 Pro x86, overclocked, hexacore based computer (ample "horse power", with USB 1.1, 2 and 3 support).

• I leave the FLEX-1500 powered "ON" 24/7.
• I start/stop PowerSDR as needed.
• On many occasions, when I start PowerSDR, it doesn't work (no audio from the radio, etc.).
• I need to shut down PowerSDR and restart it.
• On other occasions, PowerSDR works fine but in TX, there is no power output from the FLEX-1500.
• In this situation, my only recourse is to shutdown PowerSDR and power-cycle the FLEX-1500 radio.

I suspect that I really need to turn off the FLEX-1500 when I am not using it. However, I placed it away from me for convenience purposes. Am I right in assuming that the crux of "my problem" is the fact that I leave the radio turned on?

Note: cross-posted to the Yahoo group. Responses will also be cross-posted to benefit everyone.

Bruno, W4AFK
West Melbourne, Florida [EL98qb]

[FLEX-1500 w/Pixel RF PRO-1B HF Loop (RX) Antenna & MFJ-1786 & 1788 HF Loops (TX), HLA-150 Plus amp | TenTec RX-320D & Kenwood R-2000 w/Timewave DSP-599zx, sharing LF Engineering H-800 SkyMatch HF Probe Antenna, various software packages for data modes]
Post #5452
Posted Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:12 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:52 PM
iam having the same problem. at first i thought it was my transverter causing the problem. after cycling the power a few times i cam hear the internal relays make a differnt sound. then it works.

Carey Lockhart, kc5gtt
www.kc5gtt.com
Post #5453
Posted Saturday, March 3, 2012 11:50 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Friday, May 24, 2013 6:00 PM
Guys,

I wont be back here to often as I sold my Flex radio, however I offer the following as a possible reason for the lockups..

It could be the cache file getting full (Win7 is apparently better at managing the l2!) - this could also be a PSDR USB related issue...

(I use CCleaner ( http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner ) and ATF Clean ( http://www.scanwith.com/download/ATF_Cleaner.htm) to get rid of residual garbage! and recommend you do this on a regular basis if you are not shutting down your systems!

However, the first thing I would do is check your 'Power Options' and make sure nothing hibernates or switches off after time, as this could simply be your issue!

You could also try this simple solution that has worked for some: disconnect your PC from the AC for a few minutes then do a reboot. IMHO, if this works, it is pointing to the cache area!

g/l

Terry
Post #5454
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:51pm