VAC Help
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

VAC Help Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:48 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:52 PM
VAC 4.10 - trying to get setup to use with PowerSDR2.2.3. Initial step calls for opening up VAC control panel to create 2 cables. I increase cable number to 2, but when I hit Set I get an error reading "Cannot change device property (0/5 - Access is denied)" Click OK on that closes control panel.

Thanks in advance for help!

73, Don K2DF
Post #5442
Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:23 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Don,

Did you Right click on the Virtual Audio Cable Control Panel and "Run as Administrator" ? Without this on Vista or Win7, you may not have all the Admin Rights to make System changes since this is a System Driver.

Dudley
FlexRadio Support

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #5443
Posted Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:23 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:52 PM
Thanks Dudley - I think I've got that part working now. Any suggestions for PSK31 software? Digipan, MixW? I would like to keep it simple.

73, Don
Post #5445
Posted Saturday, March 3, 2012 12:15 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Don,

DigiPan is most likely the easiest to set up..

Look at FLDigi covers most of all the modes. But so does MixW and DM780 part of HamRadio Deluxe (the hardest to setup)

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #5450
Posted Saturday, March 3, 2012 9:24 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09 AM
Hi Dudley,

have got my Flex-1500 one year ago. Within 20 mins have run him in PSK with HRD. No problem to configure it with VSPmgr and VAC. MixW the same and also some contest software like RCK-log, UCX-log or special software like ROS, WSJT, WSPR ...

The only problem is to know how the connection to an SDR works with virtual cables and virtual serial ports. If you have know that there will be no problem with any third party software

73´s

Call: DF5WW (Class A) ... OP: Juergen (Joe) .... Rig: Only QRP with Flex 1,5k and 2 x 25 m folded doublet with balance feedline for all bands (under the roof). Also a 10,3 m Quadloop for 10 and 6 ... feeded with ladderline too and also under the roof.
Post #5451
Posted Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:55 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:03 AM
Hi Joe,

Well, I am trying to setup together the DM780, Power SDR 2.3.5 and the VAC, but I am not sure evertything is set ok. Before purchasing the registered version of the VAC, I am checking the configuration with the trial one; I do not know if this is being the problem...

I haven't found any commnets on the the VAC release 4.12, but this one is what I have downloaded.

When receiving, I am not sure if the DM780 is getting the audio coming from the Flex 1500 as the signal level RX meter does not show excursions as per the real audio level at the Flex headphones output, except for some sporadic peaking, ?

On the other hand, when trying to transmit any text in any digital mode, I can receive in a separate receiver a pure tone (apparently missing the digital modulation) and the female voice (VAC trial version) every 30 seconds or so.

Well, I have just come to the SDR world some days ago, and trying to begin on digital modes inmediately... Perhaps, to much in a very short period...

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

73's

ALFONSO

Post #5866
Posted Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:01 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:09 AM
Hi Alfonso,

have send you an email with more informations about my exact setup.

Juergen

Call: DF5WW (Class A) ... OP: Juergen (Joe) .... Rig: Only QRP with Flex 1,5k and 2 x 25 m folded doublet with balance feedline for all bands (under the roof). Also a 10,3 m Quadloop for 10 and 6 ... feeded with ladderline too and also under the roof.
Post #5870
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 11:43pm