USB3.0
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

USB3.0 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 9:59 AM
I am strongly thinking about buying a Flex 3000.  The only thing that concerns me is that the radio is tied to Firewire 400 (which is rapidly falling out of vogue with the introduction of USB 3.0).  Are there any plans to update the radio with USB 3.0? 

I read on the reflector that someone even suggested Gigabit Ethernet.  GigE would future proof the radio even more.  I would hate to have to discard a completely good radio 5-7 years from now because I can't get Firewire 400 anymore.

Post #5376
Posted Monday, January 30, 2012 2:38 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
Unless they do away with PCI or PCI Express in computers this should not be a problem.

As long as you can still get a PCI Express firwire card, it will be good to go for many more years.

Post #5377
Posted Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:55 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:54 PM
This firewire interface is the one thing that is making me delay my purchase.
As soon as the 3000 gets a USB or Ethernet port then I will take the plunge

73's Paul
Post #5432
Posted Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:56 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
Problem is, you will never own a radio with this kind of performance if you let such a small thing like the firwire connection bother you. This connection is plenty fast for the demands of the Flex. PCI express will be around for a time yet so this will not be an issue.
Post #5465
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:32am