MultiRX and mixed modes
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

MultiRX and mixed modes Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, March 9, 2012 3:01 PM
...I'm thinking about getting a FLEX-3000...

If using headphones and MultiRX on a FLEX-3000, can I listen to CW on 14.100 in one ear and SSB on 14.2XX in the other ear?

Tnx & 73,

John N2NQ

Tnx & 73,
John N2NQ

Post #5374
Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:41 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, May 13, 2013 7:49 PM
Frequencies have to be between the low and high values displayed in the panadapter. For the 3K that would be a span of 94 or 96 kHz I don't recall the spec. without looking it up. For the 5K it is twice(?) that value so it gets a little closer to what you want. I have used it to work phone splits so the modes were not mixed. Easy to adjust split frequency, but I don't recall if I could change bandwidths of the two. Other computer is not on or I would do a quick test drive. Later I will give it a try and report back if someone else has not already.

Mike

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...
Post #5382
Posted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 4:51 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Monday, May 13, 2013 7:49 PM
Results of a test drive.

One of the VFOs will be in the center and the other VFO can be moved about +/- 40kHz from the center location of the other VFO.

Both VFO will be using the same mode. Offset and bandwidth can be changed, but it effect both VFOs.

So... you get a piece of the cake you want, but no way you get it all.

It might be possible that this can be fixed with a software update. I don't know if questions can be directed to the development team for immediate response for possible or not. There is a place to request changes. I don't know what kind of feedback is given.

Mike

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Post #5383
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:28am