Audio output of Flex 3000
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Audio output of Flex 3000 Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:11 PM
I have been using a HP computer with The Flex, however I also use this computer for everything else.  I have to constantly re-boot the computer to get the Flex to work after using another application.  Hence I set up a second computer to run the Flex, however the sound from the flex isn't working with the secound computer.  The second computer is a new MSI motherboard with qaud core CPU and 4 gigs of memory.  Using a I/O crest Firewire PCIe card.  I seems to work fine.  Switching the firewire between computers reveals the sound working with the HP but not the MSI.  Any suggestions?
Post #5172
Posted Friday, December 2, 2011 8:16 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Moderated
Last Login: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:24 PM
Quick fix: Use original computer for FLEX - you won't have to reboot as you will only be using it for FLEX. Use new computer for everything else. Temporary fix until you can sort things out that might keep you on the air.
Post #5173
Posted Saturday, December 3, 2011 9:09 AM
Forum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:11 PM
Easier fix was to swap the firewire cards.  Now everything works great.  Too much loaded onto the HP computer to use it as the radio master computer.  Now I can use all my applications and also have the radio on at the same time.  There are so many motherboard/ fire wire combinations out there that It's hard to know what to buy.  The Siig card purchased from Flexradio wouldn't work with an older Asus motherboard.  It worked fine with HP.  I purchased a MSI motherboard with a quad-core AMD cpu, 4 gigs of ram and a different firewire card.  Was rather disappointed with the new firewire card.  It is an itty-bitty card, about a 3rd the size of the Siig card.  Oh, well.. I will be purchasing another Siig card when I get around to it in order to have two computers that will run the radio.  Ya know, just in case.  Know enough to get myself into trouble.  HiHi..73
Post #5174
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 10:02pm