TS-850 help
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

TS-850 help Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:17 AM
I would like to set up my TS-850 for use with PSDR. I know I need an LP-PAN?, and a USB audio interface. Could someone walk me through exactly what I need to have, and how to connect everything? Do I also have to run Ham Radio Deluxe?

Thanks

Wait... So, this plugs into what?
Post #5163
Posted Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:31 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:45 AM
PowerSDR has been developed for the Flex radios.  LP-Pan is not connected with Flex, and uses an older version of PSDR, without all the new developments.   To use LP-Pan, you probably want to get on the LP-Pan forums and ask about it. 

Ham Radio Deluxe is a great radio control/ logging/ digital modes software package, also not connected with Flex.  It has its own forums, and its own website(s).   If your radio sends CAT commands (most new radios do), you can control HRD and your radio from each other using HRD.  The Flex radios send audio data streams directly to third party software packages with software like Virtual Sudio Cables. 

If you want to dabble in software defined radio, the Flex 1500 QRP radio is a good intro.  THe Flex 3000 is a fuller featured 100watt transceiver about the size of a laptop.  If you only want a software controlled radio, HRD may be your best bet.

Jim KJ2P 

Post #5164
Posted Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:56 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
There are many trying to use PSDR on non Flex radios. There are some that have been able to do it but most of the features on PSDR do not work. PSDR is writen for the Flex, so all of the great features in the software work. It seems silly to me to use PSDR on anything else than a Flex, such a waste. The last poster is right, HDR will do everything you are wanting to do as far as rig control. So you are wanting a pan adapter? than you would need LP PAN. If you are wanting to upgrade your shack I would save for a Flex 3000, and get all the benefits of a great software defined radio. Not to mention the big jump in performance over what you are using now.  Good luck,,,Bill
Post #5170
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 4:05pm