F5K cannot control SteppIr in one band part
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

F5K cannot control SteppIr in one band part Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:59 AM
This is one weird problem. Cannot figure out the logic of it or even if it's a Flex Radio or SteppIr issue.

Using the F5K to control my 3 el. SteppIr (via DDUTIL). Works flawlessly except for a small part of 15m...between 21.005 - 21.008 the SteppIr will not respond to the Flex. That is, if I'm on, say, 21.275, or even any other band, and QSY to anywhere between 21.005 and 21.008, the SteppIr does not respond; it just stays on the former frequency.

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Dave, W2PK

Dave, W2PK
Post #4973
Posted Friday, October 7, 2011 3:47 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13 AM
Dave,
I hate to cast stones at StepIR since I don't have one (but wish that I did) , but I see no 'drop out' of PowerSDR CAT data in the frequency range that your having problems in. (Im looking at the PSDR com port with PortMon )...
FWIW
If you have the inclination, check you port with PortMon

AL, K0VM
SDR-1000, Flex5000, Flex user since 2006
Post #4997
Posted Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:33 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:59 AM
Thanks, Al. I did hear directly from SteppIr on this issue - the most likely explanation is that the drop-out results from a change SteppIr made to accommodate microHAM devices. But it is interesting to note that no one else with an F5K, DDUTIL, and SteppIr (old control box) set-up reported a similar phenomenon.

Dave, W2PK
Post #5003
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 5:48am