Flex-3000 ATU fails to tune
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex-3000 ATU fails to tune Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 26, 2011 6:44 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:06 PM
I have a Flex-3000 that was working perfectly yesterday. I made a few RTTY
contacts using the Flex-3000 and DM780 during the WW RTTY contest

Today when I tried to do some PSK31, the ATU failed to tune the antenna and went
into bypass.

I reset the Flex-3000 back to factory defaults. I reconfigured the Flex back to
my normal settings and tried tuning into the antenna and also tried to tune into a
dummy load and the ATU still fails to tune.

I don't hear the normal relays clicking as the tuner is working when I click the Tune button.
I would think it would try to tune into the dummy load and then just go into the bypass
mode since the SWR on the dummy load is so low. But the tuner runs for a minute or so
and then says it failed to tune just like it does when connected to my Titan-DX vertical.

I connected the Titan-DX to my IC-7000 with a IT-100 antenna tuner and the IC-7000
is able to tune properly. I made a couple of SSB contacts on 12 meters and 40 meters
with no problems so the Titan-DX antenna seems fine.

Since the Flex fails to tune with the antenna ( GAP Titan-DX vertical) or a dummy
load, does it mean something in the Flex has failed?

Thanks Les de KA0MCS
Post #4946
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:58 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
I would just call Flex and ask them what they think,,,remember to report back here what you learn so others can also learn from you.
Post #4953
Posted Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:33 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:32 AM
dafuser (9/26/2011)
I have a Flex-3000 that was working perfectly yesterday. I made a few RTTY
contacts using the Flex-3000 and DM780 during the WW RTTY contest

Today when I tried to do some PSK31, the ATU failed to tune the antenna and went
into bypass.

I reset the Flex-3000 back to factory defaults. I reconfigured the Flex back to
my normal settings and tried tuning into the antenna and also tried to tune into a
dummy load and the ATU still fails to tune.

I don't hear the normal relays clicking as the tuner is working when I click the Tune button.
I would think it would try to tune into the dummy load and then just go into the bypass
mode since the SWR on the dummy load is so low. But the tuner runs for a minute or so
and then says it failed to tune just like it does when connected to my Titan-DX vertical.

I connected the Titan-DX to my IC-7000 with a IT-100 antenna tuner and the IC-7000
is able to tune properly. I made a couple of SSB contacts on 12 meters and 40 meters
with no problems so the Titan-DX antenna seems fine.

Since the Flex fails to tune with the antenna ( GAP Titan-DX vertical) or a dummy
load, does it mean something in the Flex has failed?

If so, why not consult their customer service it? Allow them to operate, it might be faster to solve the problem ..

-------------------------------------
iphone 4 bumper

iphone 4s skins
iphone 4s case leather
Post #5049
Posted Wednesday, October 26, 2011 12:50 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Les,

A couple of suggestions,

First you might want to reset the ATU memory in the ATU menu.

Second, be sure to try other bands, it maybe something particular to that band or frequency. Verticals are notorious for getting common mode RFI reflected due to the lack of a counterpoise.

If all else fails, you certainly welcome to place a support ticket on http://helpdesk.flexradio.com or call at the number below.

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #5051
Posted Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:21 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:18 PM

iphone 4 case
Post #5122
Posted Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, October 15, 2012 6:18 PM
I noticed if the ATU finds the SWR is very low, the ATU is bypassed.  That's what I think it's doing.  I found the tuner to work very well on a crappy load but if it likes the match, it just switches the ATU off.

Cheers,

Harry

Post #5326
Posted Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:58 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
I think he may be right, If the SWR is already found, it will just stay bypass.
Post #5337
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:20am