Flex 5000 ATU
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flex 5000 ATU Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:58 PM
I was wondering about anyone knowledge on the built in Antenna Tuner (Optional) for the Flex 5000A? A friend of mine has an LDG 100Pro automatic tuner and was really happy with it until he got an New Ic-756ProIII (Comes with a  built in ATU) He has shown me that the built in tuner in his Pro will tune a greater range of antennas than his LDG 100Pro. So I was wondering what experience anyone has had that has the Built in tuner for the Flex 5000A or has added it later, how it compares with other tuners! At the cost, LDG on paper has several models that seem to have better tuning ability and cost less.

I am selling 3 of my radios and 1ea amp to get the money to buy a Flex 5000, after playing with it at the Hunstville Hamfest I know I must Have one, I will be selling a FT-920, IC-761, Ten Tec Pegasus and an Ameritron 811H and I won't miss them !
Post #492
Posted Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:17 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:54 PM
Well, I don't know if you are still interested in an answer.

I don't own a Flex (yet).

Looking at the picture of the internal ATU
http://www.flex-radio.com/Products.aspx?topic=F5K_upgrades

I see "LDG" on the tuner board.

So, I'd imagine that if you don't like LDG tuners, then maybe this tuner is not for you.

Howard
Post #1822
Posted Monday, December 21, 2009 2:23 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, May 26, 2013 7:02 PM
The only other tuner I have used was made for my Yaesu FT847 and it would not tune a 80 meter dipole as well as my Flex 5000A does.  Not sure who made the tuners for Flex Radio but mine tunes a Cushcraft R8 vertical very well on 40 through 6 meters whereas the Yaesu tuner refused to load it on the 30 band.  The SDR panel has a small display box where you can watch it tune and then it displays the results when finished. 

We suffer from kleptomania and sometimes have to take something for it.
Post #2103
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:42pm