Can I use HRD with Flex 3000
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Can I use HRD with Flex 3000 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:27 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, February 6, 2012 2:26 PM
Wanting to move from my Yaesu ft-1000mp Mark-V - however my log is in HRD and I use the DX cluster that when selecting a station it changes radio to the freq. Everything is working good and I will be giving up the 200 watt for 100.  Just like the Flex but would like to intergate HRD if possible.  Would you guys comment on by set up/
Post #4899
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:37 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:39 PM
Yes you sure can, you will need to open up some virtual com ports in order to do this. I use ComOcom to set it up. There is a good manual for setting this up in the knowlege base. If you are not needing the dx cluster than you can run HRD in the back grownd for loging without needing the virtual ports. I use HRD for all my loging with my Flex 3000.
Post #4903
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:57 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Moderated
Last Login: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:24 PM
Does this mean that there is no need for virtual com ports when using HRD merely for rig control?

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC

Post #4905
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:07 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Virtual Serial Port SW is required between programs..   Now if you only need the CAT info from PowerSDR to go out one physical port,  VSP sw is not needed..   If you need virtual serial SW,  drop a note with your call to  Steve   snance (at)charter.net   .   

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #4906
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:30 PM
Supreme Being

If HRD is used for rig control than yes you need virtual ports. If only using it for loging than no.
Post #4908
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:59 PM
Forum Newbie

Group: Moderated
Last Login: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:24 PM
I did some study on PowerSDR today and now doubt if there will be any need for me to run HRD for rig control. I still use a pencil for logging and mostly operate old fashioned - SSB/CW. So my guess is that I will not be needing virtual com ports. That is good, as I want to keep everything as simple as possible - more likely to be successful and happy that way.

I'll keep the email address above in case I get venturesome about the virtual com ports.

Thanks for the patience with a newbie.

Bill W2BLC

Post #4909
Posted Friday, September 23, 2011 8:13 AM
Supreme Being

There must have been a misunderstanding, PSDR is a complete program to run your flex with. It is custom written for the flex hardware so it would be a big mistake to use HRD for rig control for Flex Radios. The performance would suffer with HRD. But you can install HRD for all your logging, that is what I do. Don't go through any of the HRD setup, just bypass all that. When HRD starts just click on the log button, and you do not need any virtual ports for this. HRD will also get info from QRZ.com to auto fill the logs for you as long as you are connected to the internet.
Post #4927
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, February 6, 2012 2:26 PM
Thank for the comments.  I think I understand so far however will I be able to check a station in DX cluster and it tune my radio.
Post #4935
Posted Saturday, September 24, 2011 3:27 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Last Login: Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:08 PM
Yes you can,,if you use the vertiual comm port program and set up psdr with cat control...

not too difficalt,,and works great..I use it that way!!

Chuck n4oyt

Post #4938
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2011 1:32 PM
Supreme Being

Yes, after I got the virtual com ports working,,the dx cluster works great, and yes when you click on one it tunes the flex to that Freq,,good luck
Post #4954
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 3:23am