F3k/PSDR 2.1.5/ Initial key-down "white noise" transmitted
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

F3k/PSDR 2.1.5/ Initial key-down "white... Expand / Collapse
Author

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, September 5, 2011 3:45 PM
Have been using F3K/PSDR 2.1.5 (still waiting to update the software). I have noticed on the power meter as well as reception reports that on SSB, when I first press the PTT and before I say anything into the mike, there is about 1/2 second of 'white noise' transmitted. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas of how to get rid of it?
Tnx....73 de Arnie W8DU

p.s. I forgot to mention I am using Windows XP Pro, SP3 and mike input is via the sound card on the computer which connects via VAC to PSDR.
Post #4800
Posted Thursday, September 1, 2011 10:04 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13 AM
The delay is likely the result of VAC delay accumulation within PSDR. Cycle the PSDR VAC button and the delay should be reduced until it again accumulates. To minimize delay use smallest VAC buffer size that give good signal quality. Setting the PSDR VAC speed to 44100 may minimize accumulation. Also try different PSDR VAC drivers ( MME/WSD/WDM-KS).

Be aware that VAC 'cable' chacteristics are inherited from the first end of the cable connected and are retained until both ends of the 'cable' are disconnected.

AL, K0VM
SDR-1000, Flex5000, Flex user since 2006
Post #4810
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:39am