FlexControl driver problem
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FlexControl driver problem Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:24 PM
Hi,

When I plug in my FlexControl, it tries to load the driver, but fails. In the Devices panel it is then labeled "Unknown Device" and the properties give no indication of what it thinks the device is. Is this normal or isn't it properly reading what device it thinks it is ?

This is a new installation of PowerSDR 2.1.5 (successful - works well). No virtual com port software installed. System is Windows 7 64 bit Professional running on a new Mac mini under Bootcamp. In the Flex Radio folder hierarchy there is a FlexControl 64 bit driver folder as expected. I'm running as an administrator.

I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Mike
AB1LD
Post #4725
Posted Monday, August 15, 2011 5:05 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Mike,

I bet that the OS could not find the registered driver..   Follow this,   which should get you going..

Be sure to run RC3 or the currect version of PowerSDR,  2.1.5. 

Open up Windows device manager,   I bet that you do not see the "FlexControl USB Control Knob" listed,  so look for Unknown USB device,  further down..   Now do a right click on this unknown device,    "Update" driver => Browse Computer =>   you want to browse to the  c:\program files (x86) \FlexRadio systems\PowerSDR v 2.1.5\FlexControl 64 or 32   (depending on the OS you are running) .    Then OK at the bottom,  and then Next at the Update Driver..     This should load the SW driver for you,  then when you start PowerSDR ,  you should get only the first two lights in the Flex Control itself and FlexControl should show up in the Device Manager..  

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com

Post #4736
Posted Monday, August 15, 2011 7:26 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, June 8, 2013 6:24 PM
Hey Dudley,

That worked as well as you said it probably would! I'm now twirling away, and getting ready to install vsp stuff (wish me luck!).

Thanks much,

Mike
AB1LD
Post #4738
Posted Monday, August 15, 2011 11:15 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Glad you got it working and let us know when you need help on the rest .. 

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #4739
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:45am