Firewire driver problem
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Firewire driver problem Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:59 PM
I just got back from Austin with my new F3k! I've got a problem, and I found somebody with a F5k with the same problem but I've tried the steps in the forum (and release notes) several times with the same results.

When I look in Device Manager it shows the Flex 3000 but the device has an exclamation point on it, when I double click the device it says the driver isn't installed. I've tried 2.1.5 and 2.0.22 with the same results.

When I power up the 3000 my computer makes the noise like it found the device and the Firewire card properties say it's working correctly. Under add/remove programs I have PSDR and the driver both listed. I've tried rebooting.

What am I missing? I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium. Part of the problem may be that I ran a Flex 1500 on this computer until a few weeks ago, I uninstalled it but when I installed the new version it's still giving me the option of the 1500 in the chooser so it's still got remnants of the old installation somewhere. I don't see a Flex directory after I do the uninstall so it must put it somewhere else. I didn't think it would matter since the 1500 uses USB instead of firewire.

Anybody got any ideas?

Tnx,
Kerry Miller, WD5ABC
Victoria, TX

Update: I forgot to mention, the first time I installed it I got the message at the bottom of the screen that it was installing the drivers, after a minute or so it said it failed. On subsequent attempts I haven't gotten that message at all but it comes back in device mgr and in the uninstall programs box. I just tried it again with 2.1.5, when I click the FlexRadio driver icon it says "no devices found".
Post #4693
Posted Sunday, August 7, 2011 4:32 PM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

EUREKA! I now have a working F3K! Apparently Windows 7 has all new firewire drivers that aren't compatible with pretty much anything. I found an older TI driver (the chipset in my card) and installed it. I was using my video camera to test it and when I installed the new driver the video camera started working. I disconnected the camera and hooked up the Flex and when I turned it on the drivers loaded. I'm listening to 20m on it now.

The audio through my powered speakers (plugged into the back) is low, does anybody have any ideas about this? These are the same speakers I used with my 1500, I'll keep digging but in the meantime I have a working rig!

Kerry, WD5ABC
Victoria, TX
Post #4701
Posted Sunday, August 7, 2011 10:47 PM
Forum Member

Ok, I found the low speaker volume problem too, I turned on the preamp in the receive equalizer.

Kerry
Post #4705
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:47am