VSPe question
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

VSPe question Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:44 AM
I've had my Flex 3000 about a month now and everything seems to be working fine (with a few caveats which I'll address in a separate post!). Of course, I went through numerous growing pains and mis-steps, but it's all good. I use it strictly for digital, tied to DM780 and after adding the extra virtual cable for the PTT, it seems to be doing dandy.

That said, after re-reading post after post and wearing out the manual, I started to wonder about why everyone said to set up the VSPe with comports 7 and 17 (or similar). When I set VSPe up, it only asked for one com port....so I set up a second one with the appropriate number. Didn't need it, but I did it because I was "supposed to". By now I imagine a couple of you have figured out that I set up a pair of "connectors", not a single "pair"! Sheesh. I'm too old for this!

My set up seems to work great with a single "connector" between HRD and PowerSDR. So my question is: What are the advantages/disadvantages of a "connector" vs a "pair"?

Nothing worse than an old newbie!

Tery Johns
KD8GNC
Post #4616
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:51am