Question regarding PSDR 1.8.0 and SB MP3+
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Question regarding PSDR 1.8.0 and SB MP3+ Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, July 9, 2011 10:16 PM
Hi Everyone...

I am trying to set up my SDR1K again on my old WIN XP machine. This was the original way I used the SDR1K several years ago. Since then I have been using it for experimentation with uClinux. Anyways, I foolishly updated the driver for the MP3+ (USB) SoundBlaster that I am using. Now every time I try to start PowerSDR 1.8.0 I get the following error:

"SoundBlaster MP3+ (USB) Mixer Initialization Failed" .... asome advice to update the driver! Grrrrrr.

The normal PSDR form comes up but it won't let me switch out of standby so nothing works.

I found the original driver disk and reinstalled it. But I still get the same result. This is really annoying since it worked just fine until I tried to improve things by upgrading the SB driver.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this??

Many thanks.
Larry

Post #4608
Posted Saturday, July 9, 2011 10:19 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, July 9, 2011 10:16 PM
Thanks to all who read me post. I fixed the issue. I had to reload the SB driver AND I had to reload the Analog Devices multimedia audio controller driver. Don't ask me how - but I guess I screwed that up trying to get things to work. Its all working great now.

L
Post #4613
Posted Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:53 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Larry,

Sounds like you are having parallel port issues. You need to have control of the radio, turn it on, change bands, etc.. If it drops immediately in to TX when started or will not turn on, there is a control issue. Then you can worry about the panadapter and the sound card.

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com
Post #4617
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:38am