My sucess story
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

My sucess story Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, February 3, 2008 2:50 PM
After all my attempts to get the 5000A working correctly on my Vista machine failed, I decided to build a second computer just for radio control (Flex, Winradio 303i, TenTec RX-321 and hopefully soon, a Perseus).  I didn't want to give up Vista because I find it easier to do things with it and I like the "eyecandy". I used a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L MB, Intel E6550 2.3 Mhz C2D, 2 GB of 1066 Mhz RAM, 160 GB HDD, Koutech PCIe 1394 card and a EVGA 8600GT 256 MB video card to run XP Pro. I limited the installed software to radio control programs, Adobe Acrobat Reader and AVG free antivirus. I'm using a Belkin Flip KVM switch so I can share the keyboard, trackball and monitor between the two computers.  It's working great at 192 kHz/2048 with the exception that pressing the scroll wheel changes the size of the PowerSDR screen rather than stepping through the tuning step sizes.  I do have the box checked in Setup.  I suspect it may be a problem with the Flip. The MB is nice because it has serial and parallel ports for legacy devices and is relatively cheap.  It does lack RAID, but I didn't think I needed it.

One happy camper,

N4LUS

Alan Johnson
N4LUS

Post #449
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 1:38am