RX1 and RX2 with one antenna
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

RX1 and RX2 with one antenna Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, June 6, 2015 9:48 AM
Hi,

On my Flex 5000 I'm setting up to use one antenna for TX1 and RX1 - say ANT1 - and I would like to use the same antenna for RX2 so I can check other bands. Figure 4 of KB 50385 is just what I want (RX1 set to ANT2, RX2 set to RX1 tap, and Transmit set to ANT2, with Lock box checked).

The only thing that is giving me pause is the red high-lighted caution a couple of paragraphs above the figure, concerning the need for decoupling when transmitting. I understand the issue when there is a separate RX2 antenna, but in the caution there is a sentence that reads "This condition is applicable for any of the antenna configurations that the RX2 uses, such as when using the RX2 in and the RX1 In + RX1 TAP configurations."

I'm assuming I'm parsing this sentence wrong, and RX2 will be OK when I transmit in this configuration (it won't of course get any signal during the transmit intervals). Or am I wrong ?

Thanks,
Mike (AB1LD)
Post #4462
Posted Monday, June 13, 2011 11:54 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Mike,

As long as you  are using "RX1 Tap",  for RX2,  which both are switched when transmitting.   You must be careful with antenna placement when running directly to RX1 or RX2 directly .  High input currents can be generated on the antenna inputs particularly when using amplifiers.  You might want to take a look at the Flex 5000 antenna switching in the Knowledge Center Article. 

http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50385.aspx

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com

Post #4465
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:45am