VOX
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

VOX Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, June 4, 2011 3:15 PM
I have recently just bought a flex-3000 and was setting up and noticed the VOX works really well compared to my flex 5000A and wondering if its just my rig or is there a difference between the two rigs.

I verified that the vox and dexp settings are exactly the same and using the same mic.

On the 5000a it doesn't keep the vox open when you talk every word causes it to turn on and off of transmit even when I just hold a word the only way is to set the vox delay to 3 seconds

On the 3000 it seems to work like vox should.

Is there something different between the two rigs or is there just something wrong with my 5000a

Thanks
Travis W3TMB

W3TMB
Travis Best
Post #4418
Posted Saturday, June 4, 2011 12:59 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:13 AM
Travis,
I would not think there is any hardware problem with your F5K because all of the VOX smarts is in the software...

I might suggest that you reset your F5K database to factory defaults and do the minimum configuration necessary to test the VOX. If the VOX still seems flaky then ???

After the test, you can revert (import) to you initial database.

AL, K0VM
SDR-1000, Flex5000, Flex user since 2006
Post #4421
Posted Saturday, June 4, 2011 3:43 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, June 4, 2011 3:15 PM
Thanks for the advice I should of really just though of that my self, turns out it help me figure out what was going on it because I had VAC on at the same time as VOX

Thanks
Travis

W3TMB
Travis Best
Post #4425
Posted Monday, June 6, 2011 1:07 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 12:47 AM
Travis,

There is a difference in the mic sensitivity between the Flex 5000 and the Flex 3000,  with the 3K having more preamp gain.  So the same settings for the 3K are not the same as the 5K..  The use of the Leveler can make a difference also, as it will tend to bring the background noise up maybe to a point to help keep the VOX keyed also..  I may have been the Delay was set too low on the 5K,  This determines the hang time between syllables .   

Dudley

FlexRadio Systems Support
512-535-4713, Option 2
http://helpdesk.flexradio.com

Post #4429
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 1 (1 guest, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:54am