Power Switch?
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Power Switch? Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:38 PM
 After getting my 5000 out of the box and ready to go... I found the power switch to be very hard to push and then to turn it off I had to pull it out. Seems like a $3500 radio would have just a little better quality switch. After all this is the only user interface on the radio that isn't software. After setup it's the only thing you need to touch and it's the cheapest switch I've ever seen on a factory built radio. Sure I've seen home made stuff with cheapo switches... they work, but yell "HOMEMADE"... Now I suppose someone will say "just send it back, they will fix it" ! So now the $3500 radio has to be returned for a $5 switch... I would have sooner paid another $25 for the radio and not had to pay the $25 for shipping to get a $5 switch replaced! Remember it's the little things that tick people off...
Post #4320
Posted Saturday, March 2, 2013 3:52 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, June 27, 2013 11:29 PM
My first Flex 1500 had a power switch problem also.....the push on/push off switch didn't always latch, and would pop out at random, turning the radio off unexpectedly!

I tried cleaning & lubricating etc. but nothing worked. Finally sold that one as-is and later bought another. 2nd one works fine so far.

I'd rather that Flex had used a good toggle switch along with a separate pilot indicator. BUT, I also have an LDG Z-11 tuner which uses toggles for everything and it too has switch problems
Post #6429
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 7:56pm