Bose speaker choices?
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Bose speaker choices? Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 16, 2011 3:56 PM
I'm considering speaker choices for the new 5000a, and note that the
Bose Companion 2 is on the list at
http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10244

The Bose box says "TruSpace stereo processing circuitry adds spaciousness."

Would this do anything to mono audio from the 5000a, to 'simulate'
stereo? (I would like to find the technical details and be able to turn this
"off.")

The Bose ad says:

> > Proprietary TrueSpace® stereo signal processing circuitry Creates a
> > wide stereo soundstage designed for computer listening, enabling
> > fuller enjoyment of music, movies and games.

I wonder if any of the other speakers on your list have circuits like this.

I would rather have conventional speakers than something that tries to
'simulate' stereo.

The Bose Companion 2 is on sale this weekend and I would like to sort
this out.

-- Regards, TOM BLACKWELL, PO Box 25403, Dallas, Texas 75225
Post #430
Posted Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:58 AM

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, June 4, 2018 12:02 PM
Tom,

I believe that the TrueSpace type stereo signaling processing is a proprietary technology of Bose. I have found zero info about it is done, which I suspect is deliberate on the part of Bose. I use the Companion2 speakers. There is no way to turn this effect off.

I like the way they sound very much. It is very pleasing to the ear in mono mode and when listening in binaural mode it gives the perception that the speakers are even more spatially separated than they really are rather than simulating a stereo effect on a mono signal. The TrueSpace effect is not over bearing and it doesn't color the sound from what I can tell. I do use a little RX EQ to enhance the audio in the 2 KHz range, but that is just a listening preference.

Also I have not experienced any RFI effecting them adversely either..

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #431
Posted Monday, February 18, 2008 10:40 PM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:58 PM
Maybe it would be good to post from several persons with the Flex 5000 what computer speakers and/or speaker(s) work good with the Flex 5000! How to prevent RF feedback, great sound from the and so on, etc; I just ordered the Radio Speakers sold by High Serriha Antennas, now on sale for $50, a great deal-just don't know how well they will work in an RF enviroment, computer/Radio combination!

I am selling 3 of my radios and 1ea amp to get the money to buy a Flex 5000, after playing with it at the Hunstville Hamfest I know I must Have one, I will be selling a FT-920, IC-761, Ten Tec Pegasus and an Ameritron 811H and I won't miss them !
Post #484
Posted Monday, February 18, 2008 10:59 PM

Check out the KB article noted above. It was created form input from other flexers
http://kb.flex-radio.com/article.aspx?id=10244

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #486
Posted Friday, April 2, 2010 1:00 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, June 7, 2010 1:20 AM
When I attempt to view the speaker list I get the following:
HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Is there an updated URL?

Mark

K4VO

Birmingham, Alabama USA
Post #2500
Posted Friday, April 2, 2010 6:55 AM

That is because the date on the post with the link is over two years old and FlexRadio changed the KB software since then.

Here is the updated URL

http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50197.aspx

-----
Tim - W4TME
Post #2501
Posted Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:10 PM
Forum Guru

Forum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum GuruForum Guru

Last Login: Sunday, September 9, 2012 9:17 PM
Here's another vote for the Bose Companion 2 Series II speaker set. They sound rich and full, provide room filling audio without straining, and there is not a trace of RFI present when operating. They are widely available and go on sale now and then for 79 bucks if the 99 dollar full price is not acceptable.

[Flex 5000A]
Post #3114
Posted Monday, August 23, 2010 10:16 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: Friday, March 1, 2013 6:36 PM
I am also using the Bose Companion 2 speakers. No RF feedback what so ever on any band! They sound great. If there are any special effects created by the speakers, I cannot tell. Get a set, you won't be sorry.

De ****, WA3USG
Mechanicsburg, PA.
Post #3118
Posted Tuesday, December 4, 2012 12:36 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:02 AM
Regarding Bose Companion 2 powered speakers..
In short..BUY THEM...YOU WON'T be DISAPPOINTED...I tried several models of computer/powered speakers by Logitech/Polk/Klipsch/etc...then I tried the BOSE Companion 2's @ the suggestion of a friend that's a general store manager for Best Buy in Tulsa,OK....it's the BEST ADVICE I've been given in a long,long time !!! The Companion 2 speakers seem to be very RFI resistant,have excellent tonal quality,fantastic frequency response, and way more volume than you possibly will ever need(unless you are almost deaf...hi hi). All I can say.."try 'em..you'll like'em !!if not, Best Buy has a 30 day return with "no ???'s asked)..73...Lee/KE5CUB
Post #6186
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 12:45pm