Current use of Mac OSX with PowerSDR 2.x
FlexRadio Systems Forums
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Current use of Mac OSX with PowerSDR 2.x Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:40 AM
Hi:

I am looking for any recent (2011) experiences with using a Mac (Intel version) and one of the Windows emulators. Specifically, I don't want to use Bootcamp because of the need to reboot the Mac all the time.

Has anyone used either VMware Fusion or Parallels with any success in conjunction with PowerSDR?

Thanks in advance,
Barry
Post #4146
Posted Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:05 AM
Hello
Some bad news for you. For sure Parallels does not support Fire wire , I also think the other program does not .
I am using Boot Camp and must say it is great. I can run whatever I wish.
If you can get over the only option that will work to use your apple . IE Boot camp, you too can enjoy your mac with your Flex.

My 3000 is now portable anywhere I want.txtPost_CommentEmoticon('');

Ed
Post #4216
Posted Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:18 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:06 PM
Ed, are you running Windows 7 64 bit in your boot camp partition?

I'm currently running Windows 7 64 bit version under Parallels and would like to reinstall it under boot camp and use it if there are no concerns about using Windows 7 64 bit with PowerSDR.

Thanks Les de KA0MCS
Post #4512
Posted Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:13 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:17 AM
I spent last weekend (Field Day) running my Flex 3000 using Windows 7 x64 in a Bootcamp partition on a MacBook Pro. I had to set buffers at 1024 and use 48k sampling and did 80 qsos with a variety of antennas.
Post #4558
Posted Saturday, July 9, 2011 5:56 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:06 PM
I've been running my Flex-3000 under bootcamp and it works fine, but I ordered a SDR ready computer that will be dedicated to the Flex-3000. I didn't like booting back and forth between OS X and Windows7. I prefer the Mac but if I have to run Windows I might as well run it on a dedicated machine.

Didn't like soiling my Mac with Microsoft products, I would of preferred to be in a Microsoft free zone.

Pity most the really good ham radio related software is for the PC. There's some good ham radio software around for OS X, but no where near as much as there is for the PC. Oh well, thats life.

Thanks Les de KA0MCS
Post #4611
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Reading This Topic Expand / Collapse
Active Users: 0 (0 guests, 0 members, 0 anonymous members)
No members currently viewing this topic.

Permissions Expand / Collapse

All times are GMT -5:00, Time now is 6:23am